Seminar: The Basics of Strain Gauge Installation and Strain Gauge Measurement Technology
Course 1 in accordance with VDI/VDE/GESA 2636
This hands-on training enables you to professionally install strain gauges—a vital requirement for deriving conclusive measurements.
- Selecting the torque transducer that best suits your application
- Preparing the measuring point and the strain gauge
- Correctly installing the strain gauge on different materials (steel, aluminum) and applying different adhesives
- Soldering the connection wires
- Protecting the strain gauge against environmental agents
- Compensating for temperature effects and other disturbance variables
- The basics of strain gauge wiring (Wheatstone bridge circuit)
- Balancing the measurement chain with strain gauges
You can take an examination to obtain a certificate as a strain gauge installation expert in accordance with VDI/VDE/GESA 2636 at the end of the seminar (included in the seminar price).
Your HBM Academy Plus
The motto of the seminar is 'Practice, practice, and practice' some more! More than half the seminar time is reserved for practical training sessions.
During the seminar, you will receive our DAK1 SG starter set valued at over €300, which you can subsequently use for installations at your workplace!
Target group: Users from all technical fields who would like to install their own strain gauges.
Prior knowledge: None.
- Basics and mode of operation of strain gauges
- Installing strain gauges: The steps to follow
- Installing strain gauges using Z70 and X280 adhesives
- Checking the installation performed on day 1
- Installing strain gauges using hot-curing adhesives
- Wiring strain gauges
- HBM factory tour
- Installing strain gauges using Z70 and X60 adhesives
- Measuring strain at a bending beam, including a basic error assessment
- Checking the strain gauge installation done the previous day (using hot-curing adhesives)
- Selecting components for strain gauge installation
- Balancing measurement chains
- Measuring torque at a shaft
- Opportunity to take the examination in accordance with VDI/VDE/GESA 2636
Details for Seminars in Germany
Participation fee: 1.180 EUR (plus VAT)
Time: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.