Are all measurement properties of a measuring device also contained in a technical documentation? Unfortunately not necessarily, because data sheets are not standardized. However, despite the lack of information, these properties are present in the measuring device.
Not documented does not automatically mean that this property is not present. Using a strain gauge based sensor as an example, we explain the most important properties that you should definitely use to evaluate a measuring device.
- The definition of the accuracy class
- The characteristic value and its tolerance
- The temperature influences on the sensor
- The nonlinearity
- The relative reversal error
- The repeatability
- The creep
Currently we produce new episodes of HBK Expert Talk regularly.
- You don't want to miss a show? Then follow us on social media or subscribe to our newsletter
- Do you have an idea for a topic that you would like us to cover in a future episode of the HBK Expert Talk? Please click here to share your idea with us