Seminar: Data Acquisition Systems—Setting the Parameters Correctly (DAQ)
Did you know that the most serious measurement errors are caused by an unskilled choice of measurement parameters? For example, if parameters such as the sample rate and filter settings are not optimally adjusted, the result may be deviations in the double-digit percentage range despite the use of precise measuring devices.
In this seminar, you will learn what the most important parameters are for measured data acquisition and how to select and adjust them correctly for the measurement task. The following specific aspects will be covered:
- Choosing sample rates correctly depending on signal shape and signal frequency
- Preventing alias effects
- Low-pass filters – their different characteristics and using them to meet the requirements of your measurement task
- Structure and operating principle of digital measuring amplifiers
- Data flow in modern data acquisition systems
- Advantages and disadvantages of carrier frequency excitation
- Effect of measuring leads
- Networking and time synchronization of multiple amplifiers
- Online data reduction
Your HBM Academy Plus
At specially designed workstations, you will work out the most important parameters, sample rates and cut-off frequencies for yourself, check them and discuss your results with the entire group and/or the trainers. You will use half of the seminar time for practical implementation using real examples because hands-on experience—working independently and physically with what you have learned—is the only way to fully assimilate this information.
Anyone who wants to acquire measured data digitally while preventing errors and being on the safe side.
Basic familiarity with mechanics and electrical engineering desirable.
These skills can be acquired in the seminars A Compact Introduction to Technical Mechanics and Basic Principles of Electrical Engineering for Non-Electrical Engineers.