High precision – due to outstanding technical properties
Ring Torsion Load Cells: Precise Weighing up to 470 Tons
RTN ring torsion load cells are available for a wide range of maximum capacities (1 t—470 t). All versions are compact and, at the same time, extremely robust. These properties and their superior degree of protection (up to IP 68/IP 69K) make them ideal for a wide range of container weighing applications, use in large platform scales, and the construction of vehicle scales – even in unfavorable environmental conditions.
HBM’s RTN load cells are extremely precise and minimize the influence of lateral load application with their unique ring-shaped strain gauges. Their high input resistance and low power consumption enable the use of battery-powered evaluation units for taking measurements.
Numerous special versions such as IECEx-ATEX or temperature-resistant versions (up to 110 °C) are available, and different cable lengths and cable types can be configured. A new version with an M12 connector is also available as an option for variants with accuracy class 0.05.
- Maximum capacities: 0…1 t to 0…470 t
- HBM accuracy class: up to C3
- Degree of protection: IP 68 (optional: IP68/IP 69K)
High measurement accuracy
- High precision and high signal-to-noise ratio, due to the 2.85 mV/V output signal
- Excellent compensation of transverse loads,due to the special design and use of ring-shaped strain gauges
- High input resistance (> 4,350 ohms) ensures low current consumption
- Legal-for-trade weighing system of up to 3,000 d (OIML R60)
- Corrosion-resistant load cell made of stainless steel
- Resistant to chemicals and moisture
- Wide temperature range from -30 °C to +80 °C (optionally up to +110 °C)
- Explosion-proof versions available (e.g. IECEx-AI 1/21)
- Also available with braided cable
Ideal for harsh environments – due to stainless-steel design, high degree of protection, and explosion protection.
- Compact design, very low in height
- Optimized for parallel connection including off-center load compensation
- 14 maximum capacities, available in 3 sizes
- Various cable lengths available.
- Available with connector (M12, not for legal-for-trade applications)
- Also available as a complete RTN/M weighing module, for easy mechanical integration
Flexible use in many applications – due to various product variants and accessories.
RTN with Improved Performance:
The heavy-duty load cell of the RTN series, which has been tried and tested for decades, has been further improved by the latest revision and equipped with new options. For example, it is now also available with a connector system for variants with 0.05 accuracy class. In conjunction with the connection cables (KAB175), which are available as accessories, the load cells automatically achieve the IP68/69K degree of protection when screwed on. Furthermore, the robust cable in a 6-wire circuit is halogen-free.
- Improved corrosion resistance
- Version with connector (M12, only for 0.05 accuracy class, not legal-for-trade)
- New pre-wired connection cable for plug version available as an accessory
- Adjusted cable lengths
CAD Drawings and CAD Models
Please click here to download CAD files
Please note: The CAD download is handled by a third-party company which requires a separate user registration.
Extensive range of accessories available
- Elastomer mounts
- Pendulum mounts
- Explosion-proof versions according to different standards
- Different cable lengths and cable types
- Service temperature range up to +110°C
- Also available as weighing module RTN/M
For more information, please refer to the data sheet.