Turn your analog load cells into digital all-rounders
The AED converts the signals supplied by analog load cells into digital data. AED enables you to benefit from digital precision, with the systems you already have saving you time and money.
AED is easy, direct and efficient. Start up your AED quickly, since the complete transducer electronics can be set up directly through the PC. Furthermore, only minor installation work is required thanks to the bus interfaces the system
The AED measurement chain consists of the following 3 components:
- The amplifier board AD103C
- Basic devices with additional interfaces, EMC protection, etc.
- The AED Panel32 software
The AD103C digital transducer electronics makes your process control and monitoring tasks easy and convenient. AD103C digitizes the signals from analog load cells and transducers without the need to make any new investments. AED enables you to benefit from the speed and precision provided by digital weighing technology, even with existing systems.
Easy, direct, and powerful: Start up the AD103C transducer electronics in the twinkling of an eye. The whole electronics can be set up directly through the PC. The bus interfaces of the appropriate AED basic devices minimize installation work.
AD103C is a DC amplifier board for resistive transducers. It is equally fit for dynamic and static applications as checkweighers, multi-station combination weighers, sorting plants, dynamic postal scales, and filling plants. The RS-232 interface ensures direct connection to the PC.
- DC amplifier for resistive transducers
- Designed for static and dynamic applications
- Direct computer connection via RS-232 interface
- Test report for 10000 d, class III according to OIML R76
- High transmission rate and resolution
- Memory for user settings
- Command set for filling and dosing functions.
The AED basic devices come with various interfaces providing the right connection for the AD103C amplifier board. The AD103C electronics turns your analog load cells into digital all-rounders. The AD103C amplifier board can be used in all AED basic devices. The various device types differ in their interfaces and external supply voltage. Choose the transducer electronics that suits your interface and application.
6 ... 30 V
18 ... 30 V
18 ... 30 V
18 ... 30 V
10 ... 30 V
* An Ethernet gateway is available as an option for AED 9401A and AED 9501A.
- RS-232, RS-485, CANopen, DeviceNet, Profibus DP V1 interfaces
- Two control inputs and four limit value outputs
- Diagnosis function
- Degree of protection IP65
- EMC protection
- Power failsafe storage of default and user-specific parameters in the device.
PanelX provides you with an innovative user interface specially designed to meet weighing technology requirements and allows you to conveniently parameterize your HBM products. Go to the product site for more information on PanelX.
Benefits in the construction of legal-for-trade scales
Both AED digital transducer electronics and AED/FIT system firmware are available with the Parts Certificate under the new WELMEC Guide 8.8. AED products can therefore be used in non-automatic weighing instruments (NAWI) as well as in automatic weighing instruments (AWI).
- Digital load cells in checkweigher applications
- Construction and application conditions for FIT®/0... FIT®/5
- Notes on the static adjustment of a scale with FIT® and AED
- Measurement query via the serial link RS-232/RS-485 of AED/FIT®
- Dosing and filling with FIT®/AED
- AEDPanel for time and frequency analysis of the dynamic behavior of scales
- AED/FIT® in legal for trade applications
- AED/FIT® trigger results query
- Commissioning CANOpen
- Commissioning DeviceNet