With outstanding fatigue resistance, the FS62 strain sensor is the ideal choice for measuring deformation in both small components and large structures.
The FS62 optical strain sensors of the newLight sensor series are designed to easily retrieve static and dynamic strain measurements for stress analysis in smart materials, machines, components, and other types of structures.
With different encapsulations, materials, and attachment methods, they fulfil the requirements of strain measurements for smart materials testing, laboratory, and structural health monitoring (SHM) applications.
- Three types of cable protection: steel reinforcement for demanding environments
- Electrical isolation against explosive atmospheres, high voltage areas, and intense electromagnetic fields
Effective even in hazardous environments
- Dual lead fibers for connecting a large number of combined sensors in a single optical cable
Easy deployment of large sensing networks with less cabling requirements
- Sensors produced through-the-coating femtosecond to withstand high strain and fatigue
Accurate measurements even in materials with high levels of strain
- Fully dielectric sensor to be glued to flat or bent surfaces
- Measurement range of ±20000µm/m
- Resistance to a temperature range from -40ºC [-40ºF] to 100ºC [212ºF]
- For temperature compensation refer to the temperature sensor FS63LTS
- Use Z70, X60 or X280 adhesives for perfect results – Protect with ABM75 or AK22 for longevity
- Glueable sensor for all types of surfaces including inhomogeneous materials such as concrete or composite
- High measurement ranges of ±5000µm/m and outstanding fatigue resistance
- With aramid cables without any metallic components or armored cables for rougher environments
- For temperature compensation consider its temperature sensor equivalent FS63CTS
- Use X120 adhesives for perfect results. Protect with ABM75 or AK22 for longevity
- Can be easily spot welded to metallic structures for accurate measurements right after installation
- Available with braided cables, resistant to higher temperatures (-40ºC[-40ºF] to 100ºC[212ºF]) and strain levels (±10000µm/m) for laboratory applications
- Available with Ø3mm cables of aramid or armored reinforcement for outdoor usage
- With extended strain measuring ranges meeting the demands of the most modern steels up to ±5000µm/m
- If temperature effects are to be corrected, consider the FS63WTS temperature sensor
- HBM recommends the use of Heller’s spot welding machine or similar equipement. Protect with ABM75 or AK22 for longevity
- Rugged strain sensors to be embedded in concrete or bolted onto flat surfaces.
- Embedded version for concrete structures with deformations still below the serviceability limit state, with a measurement range of ±2500µm/m
- Surface mount version for all types of drillable materials, with a measurement range of ±5000µm/m
- For temperature corrected measurements, consider using the FS63RTS temperature sensor